When you start your new store you will have plenty on your mind, such as How do I get buyers to my store? how do I track the buyers that arrive at my store? How do I promote my store in an efficient but not costly way?
All that and more can go much smoother with the right tools.
That’s why we choose for you here the 5 most essential tools that you should know about when setting up your store.
Here they are:
1. Google Analytics
is a free Google tool any website owner should have, that lets you analyze traffic in your site.
With Google Analytics you can see where visitors to your site come from, how long are they staying in your store and if they completed a purchase.
Why do you need Google Analytics?
Read here how to get started with Google Analytics
- See where visitors are coming from to your store: search results, Facebook, Twitter and other sites.
- See how buyers navigate through your store and optimize your store pages accordingly.
- Track conversions in your store and see what traffic sources bring the most sales.
2. Google Webmaster Tools
Another must have Google tool for site owners is Google webmaster tools
, with which you can explore in depth how your store is doing in search results and find out how to optimize your store.
Why do you need Google Webmaster Tools?
Find out how to get started with a Google Webmaster account
- See which of your pages were indexed by Google and submit pages that were not.
- Find out form which search queries buyers are arriving at your store, helping you better optimize your store for search results.
- Check if the Googlebot encountered any problems in indexing your store.
3. Google Keyword Tool
An important part of launching your new store is rewriting & optimizing your product titles and descriptions
. Firstly, because you want to make sure you don’t have the exact same texts for your products that you have on eBay, so that Google won’t penalize your store for duplicate content. Secondly, in doing so you can research related keywords to make sure your products will show in relevant searches.
The best way to research keywords that you can use in your product titles & descriptions is with the Google Keyword Tool. You can gain access to the tool by simply creating a free Google AdWords account
Why do I need the Google Keyword Tool?
- Discover new keywords and phrases that your potential buyers are using in searches, so you can better target your buyers in searches.
- Find out how much monthly searches there are for each keyword and phrase and the level of competition there is.
is a great tool for creating promotional content for your store, it offer ready-to-use graphics that you can customize and use to promote your store.
Why should you use Canva?
- Easily create cover art for your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube accounts with Canva’s customizable templates.
- Create printed marketing materials such as flyers and business cards that you can use to promote your new store.
- Upload your own product photography and use the canva templates to create cool graphics you can share on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr and your other social media accounts.
5. Pixlr Editor
is a in-browser photo editing tool, that can become very useful for enhancing your product photos. You now more than ever with your new online store want to make sure your product photos look professional and best complement your products. With Pixlr Editor you can do just that.
What’s great about Pixlr Editor?
- Use it to remove backgrounds from your photos and remove imperfections from your photos.
- You don’t need to download any software to your PC to use it, you can edit your photos right from your browser.
Did we miss anything? Know of any other free tools that are a must when setting up your new store? Please share with us here in the comments section!